Chapters 1 and 2
The first thing I noticed was Heller's way of switching the subject swiftly from paragraph to paragraph. He would describe one thing and then describe something else entirely different, then go back to something he described earlier. I also like the sense of humor and tone he gave to Yossarian. For example, he messes with the letters in the hospital and is quick to judge others. It seems like he either likes someone or doesn't like someone. He immediately hated the Texan and liked the chaplain. Yossarian likes to call other crazy, but he seems crazy himself. I also found it funny that he gets mad that people are trying to shoot him while he is trying to bomb them. Of course people would retaliate if they were being bombed.
I actually got the Crime and Punishment reference made in chapter two when Clevinger is talking to Yossarian. Raskolnikov was crazy enough to murder and became paranoid that he was always being watched. Yossarian is crazy enough to bomb people and he is also paranoid that someone is always trying to kill him.
No comments:
Post a Comment